CROWNS & BRIDGES
CROWNS & BRIDGES
Here at Serenity Family Dentistry, we offer dental crowns and bridges in Royal Oaks, Michigan to restore damaged and missing teeth.
A dental crown, or cap, is a restoration that can be used for a number of purposes. One of the most common uses of a dental crown is to restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. The crown is custom made to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape and size. Dental crowns can be made of gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal; porcelain crowns are popular because they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. Our dentist will help you determine which type of dental crown is right for your smile.
Your smile may benefit from a crown if a tooth is damaged or decayed to the point that a dental filling will not provide a successful restoration. Crowns can also be used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- To protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To anchor and attach a dental bridge
- To cover and complete a dental implant
- To enhance the beauty of your smile
- To improve a misshapen tooth
- To strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
- To support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
If you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth in a row, Dr. Ansari may recommend a dental bridge to restore your smile. A bridge is a fixed dental restoration, meaning it is non-removable. The dental bridge is anchored in place through the use of two dental crowns, which are custom made to fit your smile and are placed on the teeth or dental implants next to the space left by the missing tooth. These crowns hold the artificial tooth in place to restore your smile, ensuring that your restoration will not easily shift or come loose. Dental bridges are designed to last for many years and to restore the function, beauty, and health of your smile.
Our dentist may recommend a dental bridge to improve your smile by:
- Restoring your ability to speak, eat, and chew as normal
- Alleviating excess stress on the bite
- Improving the shape and volume of your face
- Replacing an unwanted removable partial denture
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from moving out of position
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile
We will help you determine whether a custom dental bridge is the right choice for restoring your smile after tooth loss. For more information, please call or visit us today.
To find out whether a dental crown or a dental bridge is right for you, contact us today!